* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5February 05, 2014
Reviewer: Madeline in New York
* These are very good. They have a crunchy candy outside with a peanut filling similar to a Butterfinger candy bar. The best part is that they have no chemical aftertaste that some sugar free candies tend to have. Will definitely buy two more bags nest time.
* First, these candies are absolutely delicious. The issue is while advertised sweetened with Splenda, the first ingredient is Polyglycitol Syrup which is a sugar alcohol and can cause gastric issues. The other issue with that same sugar alcohol is it does affect the blood sugar of some type 1 diabetics, like myself. I tend to be sensitive to maltitol and other similar sugar alcohols so have to avoid those "sugar-free" products (which I do not consider to be sugar-free at all). There are a couple sugar-free alcohols I can tolerate such as Erythritol or Xylitol and do cook with both Splenda and Erythritol. These candies though, I treat these like they are straight sugar so will only eat 1 every once in a while. The affect is a tiny bit better than non sugar free but not so much.
* If you ever had the regular version as a kid like I did..you'll be in heaven!! Tastes JUST like the original. Crunchy, splintery consistency. Hard, but not like a toffee square from Russell Stover. Peanut buttery taste mixed with a coco-nutty exterior. Sweet, no yuccky aftertaste and I experienced no gastric issue.
* These are actually really good. I am doing low carb but loved Chick O Sticks as a kid and they taste exactly the same. You would never be able to tell they were sugar free unless someone told you. Great Job, for keeping me on track.