* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore, Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
June 05, 2020Reviewer: A guest* This Nutilight spread is absolutely amazing!
FACTS (In Comparison to Pyure's Spread):
1) In comparison to Pyure's spread, this tastes much more like the real Nutella. Pyure's has a very bitter taste, close to the taste of dark chocolate (so if you light dark chocolate, you might like Pyure's, but the taste is vastly different from Nutella).
2) While Pyure definitely missed the mark on taste, in my opinion (as well as my wife and daughter's), it does come very close to the same light, spreadable consistency of Nutella. Nutilight is a thicker spread, closer to your standard peanut butter BUT BUT BUT the taste is so much better if what your looking for is a low-carb substitute for Nutella. Even though the standard Nutella does not contain milk chocolate, I think its inclusion in this version of Nutilight helps make the taste less bitter and more sweet like Nutella.
3) Nutlight is almost three dollars more expensive than Pyure's spread on Amazon. So, Netrition is definitely the place to buy it.
4) Both Pyure and Nutilight's spreads are diabetic and low-carb friendly, from my experience. I am a type 1 diabetic who eats a low-carb diet, so I need to watch out for foods that spike my blood sugar. I did not notice any spike in my blood sugars after eating Nutilight multiple times (I ate Pyure's just a few times because I couldn't bear the taste, but never had a spike). However, one time I broke down and caked it on low-carb bread to make a sandwich and did need to take insulin to cover the net carbs---but never did I notice a spike after hitting the jar up for a few quick spoonfuls (we all do it!).
5) Lastly, I'd be lying if I said, "It's just as good as Nutella." If you see a review like that about any low-carb alternative, run---nothing tops the real thing, but Nutlight does not give you too much of a drop off in taste.
I highly, highly recommend it!
Hope this review proves to be helpful for other chocolate and Nutella fiends like me looking for a great low-carb alternative!
November 11, 2019Reviewer: A customer in Florida* Best thing ever!!! The real deal! Tastes exactly like hazelnuts. The only change I would make is sub allulose for erythritol but I'll take this!
October 09, 2019Reviewer: Sherry J in Idaho* I'm enjoying it, will buy again.
April 12, 2019Reviewer: A customer in South Carolina* Very good!! I prefer dark chocolate, but overall loved this Nutella substitute.
March 03, 2019Reviewer: Anita J in Texas* It is delicious. I've been wanting some kind of nut butter since I started Low Carb
June 01, 2018Reviewer: Pamela in Pennsylvania* NutiLight, Peanut Butter on rice cakes. Just right for a low carb chocolate fix.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpfulMay 28, 2018Reviewer: Jennie in Maryland* Delicious!!! Just like Nutella without the added sugar.
April 12, 2016Reviewer: Elisabeth in Delaware* Has a stronger hazelnut flavor than Nutella, so it is more like a sandwich spread and less like a liquid candy bar. Though I will admit that I do still sometimes melt it down and drizzle it over low carb ice cream... That being said, it has a much better taste and texture when warmed up, so if you don't like it right out of the container, put some into a microwave safe dish and pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpfulOctober 23, 2014Reviewer: A customer in North Dakota* This product is absolutely fabulous, and I've recommended it to others, so chocolate-y and tastes like freshly ground nuts. I used to order another brand of spread, but NutiLight is far superior in both taste and texture. The NutiLight sugar free spread is also very good.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpfulSeptember 06, 2014Reviewer: Marco in Canada* Better than Nutella. Just 2 net carb. No sugar added. Great.